The California Department of Transportation wants you to return home safely to your family. The following tips are to help you stay safe while traveling through maintenance and construction work zones. Motorists can make trips a little safer by remembering the following work zone safety tips.
- Do not speed in work zones; obey the posted speed limits.
- Stay Alert! Expect the unexpected.
- Watch for workers; drive with caution.
- Don’t change lanes unnecessarily.
- Avoid using mobile phones while driving in work zones.
- Turn on headlights so that workers and other drivers can see you.
- Be especially alert at night while driving in work zones.
- Expect delays, especially during peak travel times.
- Allow ample space between you and the car in front of you.
- Anticipate lane shifts, and merge when directed to do so.
- Be Patient!
City of Madera
NOTICE OF CONSTRUCTION
Mid Cal Pipeline, Inc. will begin construction on the City’s Olive Avenue Utility Undergrounding project on Olive Avenue from Gateway Drive to Knox Street. The project area and surrounding streets will be subject to traffic control and detours will be available. “Slow for the cone.” Access to businesses and residents will be maintained. See map below for details.
When: Beginning Monday, August 31, 2020
Duration: Through January 8, 2021 (approximately)
General Information Contact:
City of Madera Engineering Department: (559) 661-5418
After Hours Contact:
City of Madera Police Department: (559) 675-4220
MADERA 99 WIDENING PROJECT WORK
SCHEDULED THIS WEEK
September 13 – September 18
The California Department of Transportation (Caltrans) in cooperation with Security Paving Company announces construction on State Route 99 between Avenue 12 and Avenue 17 for the Madera 99 Widening Project.
The southbound State Route 99 Almond Avenue on-ramp to remain closed.
The southbound State Route 99 Gateway Drive off-ramp remains closed long term.
The northbound State Route 99 Gateway Drive off-ramp remains closed long term.
The northbound State Route 99 Avenue 12 on-ramp to remain closed.
Between the hours of 7:00 p.m. and 5:00 a.m., starting on Sunday night and ending on Friday morning, the following closures will be in effect:
- Northbound State Route 99: No Closure scheduled
- Southbound State Route 99: No closures scheduled
Closures may continue for longer periods of time if necessary, due to delays caused by weather or uncontrollable events that may occur.
Caltrans reminds you to drive with extra care and allow additional time while travelling near construction zones. Please be alert for construction personnel and remember to “Slow for the Cone Zone.”