Madera Chamber of Commerce
120 North E Street
Madera, CA 93638
Phone (559) 673-3563
Office Hours: Monday – Thursday, 9:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. Friday 9:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m.
NOT A MEMBER? Join now!
For a complete Membership Packet or more information call (559) 673-3563 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
MISSION, PURPOSE, AND COMMITMENT STATEMENTS
OUR MISSION: The Mission of the Madera District Chamber of Commerce is to support a diverse regional economy by promoting a thriving business environment that contributes to our community’s quality of life.
OUR PURPOSE: The Chamber of Commerce is a voluntary organization representing all segments of the business community with the potential for marshaling the energies and efforts of its membership toward the accomplishment of common goals for a better community.
OUR COMMITMENT: The Madera District Chamber of Commerce strives to:
- Endorse a Strong Local Economy
- Represent and Advocate on Behalf of Business
- Provide Opportunities for Enhancing Business Connections
- Promote Our Community
THE CHAMBER ENDORSES A STRONG LOCAL ECONOMY BY:
- Responding to thousands of telephone, e-mail and walk-in requests resulting in business and agency referrals including Consumer-to-Business, Business-to-Business referrals, and Business-to-Consumer.
- Assisting out-of-town event coordinators in bringing their activities to Madera by providing input and referrals regarding: National Bikers Round Up, National Fiddlers Association, Motorcycle Events, Car Shows, Dog Shows, Madera County Stage Race, just to name a few…
- Providing demographic and resource materials regarding our community to potential new businesses and industry.
- Partnering with the City of Madera and the Madera County Economic Development Commission for small business start up and existing business support.
- Referring potential new businesses to the Central California Small Business Development Center (SBDC), Central Valley Business Incubator, and the U.S. Small Business Administration who offer counseling and resources for small business start-up and existing business support.
- Appointing and holding seats on the Madera County Economic Development Commission, Yosemite Sierra Visitors Bureau and the Madera County Workforce Development Boards.
- Partnering with the Yosemite Sierra Visitors Bureau, promoting tourism in Madera County.
- Hosting the Madera Business Extravaganza and Trade Show to promote local business to our community
- Celebrating our business community honoring those who have given of themselves back to our community by hosting the annual Lifetime Achievement Awards.
- Supporting our #1 Economy – Agriculture by hosting the annual Senior Farmer of the Year Dinner which honors a longstanding farmer in our community
- Partnering with the Tourism Alliance Committee Madera Pomegranate Festival which is held the first Saturday in November. www.pomegranatefestival.com
THE CHAMBER REPRESENTS AND ADVOCATES ON BEHALF OF BUSINESS BY:
- Hosting Political and Candidate Forums during the Election season
- Organizing the Governmental Review Committee (GRC) when needed, to track and discuss pending legislation that impacts our local businesses or governmental agencies
- Providing information from the California Chamber of Commerce which highlighting current legislation and regulations that may impact your business.
Education… Business and Education – Together we DO make a Difference!
- Supporting our local school district by developing programs so our students are prepared for their future in business and industry; these programs have been developed based on local employer and business input and needs
- Participating and promoting the State Center Community College District (SCCCD) Madera Community College Center’s Spring Extravaganza
- Working with organized local leadership to develop a plan of action to successfully lobby the SCCCD to build a campus in Madera
- Actively encouraging, promoting and partnering with SCCCD to bring a nursing program to Madera
- Providing an annual Agricultural Scholarship to a Madera graduating senior who will be continuing their education in the field of Agriculture
- Providing an annual Memorial Scholarship named after our Lifetime Achievement Awards memorial Honoree to a Madera graduating senior. The scholarship focuses on the recipient’s service to our Community and overcoming barriers
- Hosting the annual Salute to Education events including the Retired Teachers Luncheon and the Salute to Education Reception and Award Recognition event where the business community honors teachers for their lifelong commitment to our educational system and the local education system honor those businesses that have continued to provide commitment and support to our local schools
- Hosting the New Educators Welcome Reception (the longest running event in Madera Chamber history). This event welcomes new teachers into our community and provides the opportunity to form partnerships with business and to familiarize them with Madera and the resources available to them here
THE CHAMBER PROVIDES OPPORTUNITIES FOR ENHANCING BUSINESS CONNECTIONS BY:
- Offering professional website listings for Chamber Members, both Alphabetically and by Business Classification
- Providing On-site displays and racks for Member Information and Business Cards
- Offering advertising and marketing opportunities in the form of inserts and advertisements in our electronic Madera Business Beat newsletter
- Providing Sponsorship opportunities to all of our major events – Madera Prayer Breakfast, Salute to Education, Business Trade Show, Senior Farmer Dinner, Lifetime Achievement Awards, Trees for Charity, just to name a few
- Organizing Informational Meetings, Seminars and Workshops with informative speakers highlighting issues that are relevant to the business community – for current scheduling call the Chamber Office at (559) 673-3563, visit our Website calendar or review your monthly newsletter and inserts announcing upcoming sessions
- Providing Business and Agency referrals for our Chamber Members – The Chamber of Commerce keeps a file of all Chamber Members and Business Classifications. This list is referred to when inquires come into our office requesting a specific product or business need
- Maintaining a Speaker’s Bureau database for creating potential Chamber programs and Community speaking opportunities – If you have a topic that you feel would be beneficial to our Chamber Membership, mail a letter providing details such as you name, business name, subject and content. This information will be reviewed and kept on file to be used for future reference. Your topic may even create a program for our entire membership as well. This information will also assist us in referring you to local businesses and associations. The Chamber maintains a Clubs & Organizations List . This list can provide you a prospective contact with our local organizations with the potential to speak to local service clubs about your business program. Most local service clubs have weekly meeting and are always interested in recruiting speakers
- Providing Networking opportunities – Networking does not take any special talents or tools, but you do need to take every opportunity to do it. The technique can best be used at Chamber membership meetings, luncheons, mixers, and other special events.
- Providing opportunities to Get Involved! Participate in a Committee, Activity or an Event – Do you really want to get to know people and make new contacts? Organizational committees and activities are an excellent way to network with other business professions that have your same interests in the local business climate. Committee work gives you an outlet for the talents that you possess and can benefit both the Chamber and your business.
Please review the following list of Chamber Activities, Events, Programs and Committees for more information.
ACTIVITIES, EVENTS, PROGRAMS and COMMITTEES
- Ambassador Corps – The Ambassador Corps is a volunteer public relations team made up of business representatives from the membership. Activities include monthly calls to current members, actively work on membership recruitment, and attend grand openings, ribbon cuttings, mixers, civic functions and monthly Ambassador Corps meetings.
- Business & Education Committee – Based on employer/business input and needs, the Madera Chamber of Commerce ‘Business & Education Committee’ sponsors events and supports programs reinforcing the link between business and education. Events and programs include the Retired Teachers Luncheon and the Salute to Education Reception and Awards Recognition event, and various other activities that supports local education.
- Business Trade Show – Annual event held in June showcasing our local businesses to our community
- Good Morning Madera gives attendees the opportunity to network, generate leads, share expertise and develop relationships with other business people. These breakfast sessions also include brief presentations that provide valuable information about relevant business topics
- Leadership Madera Program – Participants in the Leadership Madera Program have a unique opportunity to develop and enhance their leadership skills. Each session is designed to inform, educate, motivate and challenge participants. Each session also is developed with a diversity of creative learning methods. These classes have been designed by over 30 of Madera’s top business people, educators, government officials and Leadership Madera alumni.
- Lifetime Achievement Awards – Annual Chamber Award presented to individuals who have differentiated themselves through their dedication to the quality of life in Madera for a minimum of 25 years, both personally and professionally. The criteria used when selecting the individuals for this award calls for a significant dedication to Madera in the areas of Economic Development, Education, Cultural Enhancement, Public Policy or Government, Business and Community Relations and Quality of Life. The honorees are also eligible because they have been active members of the Chamber. The Chamber also awards an annual scholarship on behalf of a Memorial Honoree; Memorial Scholarship recipients are selected based on their submission of an essay, improvement in academics and overcoming barriers, and their community service to Madera.
- Madera Prayer Breakfast Committee – the Chamber co-hosts the annual Mayor’s Prayer Breakfast on the 1st Thursday in May (National Day of Prayer) with representatives from the Madera Chamber of Commerce membership and the Madera Ministerial Association.
- Mixers – Quarterly community networking opportunities… members, new and mature, are encouraged to attend to expand your familiarity and visibility within the local business community. Bring your business cards and introduce yourself to anyone you haven’t met yet. Spend some time telling them about yourself, and then listen to what they have to say. You never know when you’ll pick up a lead, or when you can refer them to another chamber member who can help them with a need. Have your top sales and service people attend the functions as well, and introduce them to the people they will need to know. The best way to network at these functions is to get into conversations with as many people as possible. You have an opportunity to find out more about the people you may be dealing with in the future, and they have the opportunity to find out more about you.
- Senior Farmer of the Year – Presentation – Supporting Madera’s #1 economy ‘Agriculture’, the Chamber hosts this annual event by honoring a longstanding farmer in our community; the recipient of our Madera Salute to Agriculture Scholarship is recognized at this event
- Tourism Alliance Committee – Activities include the Pomegranate Festival held annually on the first Saturday of November. This committee works in partnership with the Yosemite Sierra Visitors Bureau and other County agencies to discuss strategies and promote tourism, Agri-tourism and local businesses to visitors to Madera County.
- Travel Opportunities
- And more…
THE CHAMBER PROMOTES OUR COMMUNITY BY:
Supporting a number of community events such as:
- Madera Wine Trail Events… Wine & Chocolate Weekend, Spring Wine Adventure, Holiday Spirit Weekend
- Old Timers Day Parade & Celebration and Booth in the Park
- Tractor Parade of Lights & Candlelight Christmas
- For more Community Events… please visit our Community Calendar
Providing many community resources to the public. We are the “Front Door to Our Community“ and the central information center regarding:
- Business and Agency Referrals for our Chamber Members
- Business Resources – Compliance and Assistance
- City/County Map
- Clubs & Organizations Directory
- Cross Street Banner Program
- Demographic Information
- Industrial & Manufacturers Directory
- Madera Wine Trail Information and Agri-Tourism Information
- Places of Worship & Faith-Based Organization List
- Public Halls and Meeting Places Referrals
- Relocation Information
- State of California Tourism Information & Visitors Guides
- Telephone Directories
- Transportation Information
- Visitor Information
- Voter Registration Information
- Yosemite Sierra Visitors Guides
For more information, contact the
Madera District Chamber of Commerce
120 North E Street, Madera, CA 93638-3215
(559) 673-3563 • (559) 673-5009 FAX