Home Grown Cellars – Featured Sponsor
Owned by Alex and Jackie Lehman, their family has a rich German history and has been farming for three generations spanning over 100 years. Alex’s great grandparents were immigrants to the U.S. from Germany. Over those years of farming various crops have been farmed and our family is the first with pomegranates.
Pomegranates are one of the oldest cultivated crops recorded in history. Dating back to 3000 BC. Originally grown in a Mediterranean climate in modern Iran. In 1896 the Wonderful variety pomegranate was discovered to be growing in the rich fertile soil of the San Joaquin Valley of California which is another Mediterranean type environment and thousands of miles from the pomegranate origin.
Pomegranates are planted from cuttings originating from 10 year old trees. They grow well in just about any type of soil with no use of chemicals. The trees and are carefully nurtured until the year of growth called the 3rd leaf. At this time the first crop is picked by hand. The trees are dormant in the winter months of December through February and parts of March when all of the leaves are missing. March to April the tree begins to leaf out and fruit begins to develop. The flower is a beautiful red color. As the fruit enlarges on the tree the fruit will turn from green to ruby red. The ruby red sacs of juice begin sugaring around each of the 840 seeds in every fruit. The fruit is carefully picked by placing the fruit in the palm of the hand and snapping it from the branch. The fruit is then pressed slowly through our one of a kind patented press. The end product is the rich freshly pressed pomegranate juice.
Homegrown Cellars offers pomegranate jelly, syrup, honey, and are the finest producers of the best pomegranate juice! For more about their products go to: http://www.homegrowncellars.com/
Founded in 1969, Donaghy Sales is family owned and operated, and has serviced Central California for over 50 years. They provide exceptional service and quality products to each of their valued customers in their recently expanded 15 county territory. Donaghy Sales is the exclusive distributor of a diverse portfolio representing 80 suppliers including global leaders as well as small batch local producers. Headquartered in Fresno, with additional warehouses in Stockton and Watsonville, Donaghy Sales is committed to growing sales for all our stakeholders for many years to come.
Central California is their home and since their founding they regard “commitment to community” as their the top priority. Donaghy Sales sponsors hundreds of multicultural events across all the region they service from local charities to the region’s premier sports teams.
For more information on the company and their popular products visit: http://www.abwholesaler.com/group05/donaghysales/Entertainment/BudCommercials
Believe it or not, Noble Credit Union started out as Fresno County Employees Credit Union in 1941. They didn’t even have an office location to call home. The credit union existed in the briefcase of Fred E. Main, one of their first members. Despite the humble beginnings, they had a dream to thrive and serve their members well.
The decades that followed were tremendously successful, and they became known as the credit union that truly values every member.
In 2017, they officially transitioned to Noble Credit Union. “Noble” is a name that speaks to who they are and what they do. Noble treats members with kindness, dignity and honor. They do the right thing by helping members make sound financial decisions. From now on, members can proudly declare, “I am Noble.”
Honored and humbled to be ranked as a Forbes Best-in-State credit union – being recognized as the second-best credit union in the state of California and the only credit union in the Central Valley to be listed in the top ten! They believe this is a true testament to our dedication to serving members.
Did you know that Noble Credit Union has a FULL SERVICE branch located in Madera? We are just off the 99 freeway located on Yosemite Avenue and K Street. We are here to serve the community of Madera to help you to attain your financial goals, no matter what stage of life you are in. If you’re interested in learning how we can lower your monthly loan payments, eliminate high interest rate credit cards and save you money, then come over to our booth at the Pomegranate Festival to say hello to the Madera branch team to learn more! You can also visit us on our website by going to https://www.noblecu.com/home/home
Owner, Dan Riley, likes to say that he built Riley’s Brewing Company with a welder in his hands and a fire in his belly. But his friends and family will tell you he built it to stay in his wife’s good graces. Both versions of the story are true.
You see, homebrewing beer has been a tradition in Dan’s family for generations. Much of his childhood was spent at his grandfather’s side, watching him brew beer and listening to him share family stories. He credits his grandfather for igniting the passion for homebrewing, which began in five-gallon batches on the kitchen stove. Dan’s longsuffering wife patiently endured the smell, the mess, the chipped countertops, but she drew the line when her pantry was covered in fermenting beer after a carboy blew its top. She rightly kicked the homebrewing operation into the garage.
The Riley’s garage quickly became a regular hangout for more and more friends. They’d fire-up the barbecue and enjoy Dan’s latest homebrews in an atmosphere of fun and laughter. Outsiders soon heard the buzz about Riley’s homebrews, and total strangers began asking where they could pick it up! Once again, it was his wife who drew the line in the sand: it was time to find a new home for Dan Riley’s brewing obsession.
Fortunately, a building had just become available on the property of his business: Steel Structures, Inc. So, with welder in hand, Dan began building what has grown to become a 20-barrel brewery, Riley’s Brewing Company. It’s been a hands-on family brewery ever since and they are now located on a 16 acre complex with approximately 76,000 square feet of buildings.
Being a major sponsor of the Madera Pomegranate, Fruit & Nut Festival has inspired Riley’s to produce a pomegranate themed brew! This and other Riley products will be available at this year’s festival…come out and join us!
Check out their products at www.rileyscrewing.com
Whether you’re looking to buy a new Chevrolet or are a proud Chevy owner looking for a repair, you want a Chevrolet dealership that grants top-quality service for your car, truck, or SUV! The family-owned Madera Chevrolet has been serving the local community since 1921. We’ve been in business for generations because we ensure sales satisfaction and vehicle delivery quality for all our customers. Ask any of our experienced sales consultants, customer care specialists, service advisors, or parts experts about our 10-Point Value Guarantee, which promises value, integrity, trust, and confidence. We offer a wide selection of new and used cars trucks, and SUVs for sale at low prices! Whether you have good credit, bad credit, or no credit, our easy finance application to help you get approved for a new or used car loan to help get your the car you need at an affordable rate! Residents in the Central Valley and the greater Fresno area see for yourself by visiting our easy-to-get-to location at 1300 Country Club Drive, Madera, California. Please visit at the Pomegranate Festival, stop by our dealership, or visit us online at: http://www.maderachevrolet.com/HomePage
We cover the most Interstate Highway miles with 5G. America’s largest and fastest 5G network connects you from coast-to-coast, covering more than 92% of the Interstate Highway miles.
We’re customer obsessed. It’s what inspires us and drives us to look for new ways to keep you seamlessly connected to what you love. T-Mobile gives customers rock star status with a Team of Experts dedicated just to you. No bots. No bouncing. No BS.
As America’s Un-carrier, T-Mobile US, Inc. (NASDAQ: TMUS) is redefining the way consumers and businesses buy wireless services through leading product and service innovation. Our advanced nationwide 4G LTE network delivers outstanding wireless experiences to 75.6 million customers who are unwilling to compromise on quality and value. Based in Bellevue, Washington, T-Mobile US provides services through its subsidiaries and operates its flagship brands, T-Mobile and MetroPCS. For more information, please visit www.t-mobile.com
“Munahoo” – “Greetings” in our Mono language. The North Fork Rancheria is a proud, sovereign nation of over 2,000 citizens in Madera County and surroundings. As a modern tribal government, we provide services for housing, education, economic development, health and elder care and more that benefit our citizens and local community. For many years our Tribe has been a respectful, transparent, and productive partner to the people, organizations, and governments of Madera County. Dating back to the mid-1850s, our people worked side-by-side with Maderans to build many of the enduring and defining industries of the region, including the ranches, railroads, orchards, mines, and logging mills, among others.The Tribe is proud to sponsor the Pomegranate Festival that we have participated in every year since its inception. The North Fork Rancheria looks forward to breaking ground soon on our planned entertainment facility – “The North Fork Resort & Casino” – and to fulfilling our long-standing commitment to bring jobs, business opportunity, and community investment to Madera. For more information go to http://northforkrancheria-nsn.gov/
As the premier real estate agents in Madera, we’re here to provide you with all the resources and information you need to buy or sell real estate. We work with buyers and sellers in Madera, Fresno, Tulare, Merced, Kings and the surrounding areas and have had extensive training in the latest real estate marketing strategies. We’re confident that we can offer you knowledge and tools most other agents can’t.
Contact us so we can keep you updated on the latest real estate activities in our community and answer any questions you may have. Thanks and we look forward to assisting in all of your real estate needs! Miracle Realty, Real Estate Sales and Property Management DRE#01952657
“Madera County’s diverse landscape stretches from the High Sierra of Southern Yosemite to the fertile valley rich with almonds, pistachios and pomegranates. The result is a wealth of recreational activities as diverse as the landscape itself. Take a ride on the historic Yosemite Mountain Sugar Pine Railroad or hop on your bicycle for a spin around beautiful Bass Lake. Enjoy the natural beauty of Yosemite’s southern entrance on a hike along bubbling brooks bursting with native fauna and wildlife.
Experience all Madera County has to offer. Appreciate fine art along the Sierra Art Trail, enjoy a fine dining experience overlooking the waters of Bass Lake. Choose from a wide array of lodging options including scenic campgrounds, rustic cabins, private vacation homes or luxurious suites.” For more information please go to http://yosemitethisyear.com/
Established in 2010 by Ms. Neneng Paat, Central Valley Medical was founded with the aim to deliver quality medical education and training to doctors, nurses, teachers, parents, children themselves and just about anyone in need of First Aid or CPR Training. For 15 years now, Central Valley Medical has been doing just that and more!
We’re your trusted medical education and training partner. We are recognized and authorized by both the leading regulators within the industry – the prestigious American Heart Association (AHA) and the Board of Vocational Nursing and Psychiatric Technicians (BVNPT) to provide online and in-classroom training or courses. Our AHA PALS Certification, PALS Renewal, AHA CPR Certification, AHA ACLS, ACLS Renewal, and IV Therapy Certification courses are gold-standard within the industry.
Check out the courses we have for you, or get in touch with us directly at www.morethancpr.com
Culture Cannabis Club is committed to providing the enhancing benefits of cannabis products in a modern, comfortable, and welcoming retail atmosphere. Their commitment to meeting the needs of the community is unparalleled, and their operation is a conduit to fulfill their principal’s civic responsibility to respectfully care for the health and well-being of their neighbors. This philosophy services Culture well in establishing a strong presence as a community resource and ensuring sustainability over time. They train their employees to embody the Culture of safe and responsible consumption, so that their education of customers and community is focused on the safe, quality selection of products to best meet personal needs and desires.
A place to come together, as a community.
To share the common love for a healing plant.
People of different ages, ethnicities and backgrounds
Circle around the magnet, that is culture.
The center force, for everyone, with open arms of
Zero judgement or expectations, from there
We All Rise.
For more information go to www.culturecannabis.com
PUBLIC is a cannabis company that is diverse in ownership with people of color in leadership positions. Rooted in love, creation, and collective wellbeing, the devoted team is made up of experts in cannabis education, passionate communicators, and creative entrepreneurs. We take pride in both our shared and varied roots to best serve our community, which is as diverse as we are. We are committed to varying our storefront location to avoid overlooking low socioeconomic neighborhoods that would otherwise be without professional cannabis services.
STATEMENT FROM THE PUBLIC FOUNDERS
We know that our mission is only as effective as our willingness to tend to communities of all kinds. We accept all and reject none. Our storefronts are safe spaces where folks of all backgrounds are welcomed and celebrated.
We provide a welcoming, inclusive, and safe experience paired with high quality and ethically sourced cannabis products. We pride ourselves in creating intentional spaces that provide nourishment from the moment a client walks in our doors and extends into each connected moment with the self and others thereafter.
We know there is work to be done. We believe collective unity and connectedness is achievable with enough patient, devoted work. It is our deepest honor to acknowledge and celebrate our unique differences to create a more authentic and unified whole.
We are better together. También hablamos español para ayudar a nuestros clientes hispanohablantes.
California Department of Public Health
Delta, Harm Reduction/Masking & Vaccination As of October 6, 2021
- If you are 16 years of age or older and have been awaiting full FDA approval to get vaccinated, your time has arrived. Get vaccinated today!
- On August 23, 2021, the FDA fully approved the Pfizer-BioNTech COVID-19 vaccine for everyone ages 16 and up. If you have been waiting for FDA approval to get vaccinated, go to myturn.ca.gov to make an appointment or find a walk-in clinic today.
- The Western States Scientific Safety Review Workgroup on September 24 recommended a booster dose of the Pfizer-BioNTech vaccine for individuals 65 and over and those at higher risk for severe illness from COVID-19 six months after completing their initial vaccination series.
- COVID-19 and its highly contagious variants like Delta are an increasing threat. Scientists determined that Delta is spreading rapidly and is 60 percent more transmissible than the original strain.
- Unvaccinated people remain at a higher risk of getting severe COVID-19 illness now than they were before the variants appeared. Unvaccinated people were 1 times more likely to get COVID-19 than fully vaccinated people between September 12 and September 18, 2021. More young people are getting sick with Delta compared with earlier forms of the coronavirus.
- Misinformation that has spread during the pandemic is causing more cases of avoidable illness and death. The fact is the science hasn’t changed, the virus keeps changing, and it is now a smarter, scarier strain. Health guidance has been updated in response to this, and scientists and medical experts stress that the solution is vaccination and masking.
- The most important action we can take to end the pandemic is getting vaccinated, which saves lives, prevents serious illness, and reduces the spread of COVID-19. Even in the unlikely case you do get infected, the vaccine offers excellent protection against hospitalization and death.
- One reason we need to get as many people vaccinated as we can is to help slow the mutation of this deadly virus. Get vaccinated now to prevent the next variant from coming and to help slow the spread.
- All Californians aged two and above should wear a mask indoors to help slow the spread of COVID-19 and the Delta variant.
Vaccine Safety, Efficacy, Pfizer Booster
- The FDA granted full approval of Pfizer’s vaccine for ages 16 and up on Aug. 23. Full FDA approval reinforces the safety and efficacy of the vaccine against the COVID-19 virus.
- Moderna’s vaccine is also under FDA review for full regulatory approval, with Johnson & Johnson’s expected to follow. Both remain authorized by the FDA for emergency use, and Pfizer’s remains authorized for emergency use for those aged 12-15. COVID-19 vaccine trial data for those aged 5-11 is being reviewed, with a decision expected in coming weeks.
- The Western States Scientific Safety Review Workgroup recommended a booster dose of the Pfizer vaccine for those 65 and older and those at high-risk after reviewing and affirming the FDA and CDC processes followed regarding the booster.
- The FDA previously approved a third dose of Pfizer and Moderna vaccines for emergency use among immunocompromised individuals who are especially vulnerable to COVID-19 because they are more at risk of serious, prolonged illness.
- All three COVID-19 vaccines have undergone rigorous testing and have been found to be safe and effective for those aged 16 and up at preventing severe COVID-19 illness, hospitalization and death.
- The science and data are speaking loud and clear. Nearly all new COVID-19 deaths are among the unvaccinated. Vaccines are still doing a good job protecting against the worst outcomes, even with the highly contagious Delta variant.
- Children can still experience serious complications from COVID-19. By getting our eligible youth vaccinated, we are doing our part to keep them and our schools safe.
- Until higher vaccination coverage is achieved, additional public health measures, including requiring vaccination for health care workers, stricter requirements for visitors at health care facilities and recommended masking for everyone indoors, are needed.
- In response to the spike in COVID-19 cases and hospitalizations, the California Dept. of Public Health recommends masks be worn in all public indoor settings throughout the state, regardless of vaccination status. Unvaccinated individuals are required to wear a mask in public indoor settings and are encouraged to get vaccinated.
- A small number of fully vaccinated people have become infected with the Delta variant. Their symptoms tend to be mild, but it is still possible to spread the virus to others. As an extra layer of protection, the state urges mask wearing in all public indoor settings.
- Masks are required statewide on public transit and in hospitals, long-term care facilities, adult and senior care facilities, homeless shelters, correctional facilities and indoors in K-12 schools, childcare and other youth settings. Some regions with substantial to high transmissibility rates are mandating masking indoors. Check your local region for guidance.