The California Department of Transportation wants you to return home safely to your family. The following tips are to help you stay safe while traveling through maintenance and construction work zones. Motorists can make trips a little safer by remembering the following work zone safety tips.
- Do not speed in work zones; obey the posted speed limits.
- Stay Alert! Expect the unexpected.
- Watch for workers; drive with caution.
- Don’t change lanes unnecessarily.
- Avoid using mobile phones while driving in work zones.
- Turn on headlights so that workers and other drivers can see you.
- Be especially alert at night while driving in work zones.
- Expect delays, especially during peak travel times.
- Allow ample space between you and the car in front of you.
- Anticipate lane shifts, and merge when directed to do so.
- Be Patient!
North West Madera Road Work Davis Moreno Construction will begin concrete placement for Fire Station #58 at 2558 Condor Drive between Avenue 16 and Falcon Drive. The project area and surrounding streets will be subject to construction area traffic control. “Slow for the cone.” Access to businesses and residents will be maintained at all times. CLICK HERE to see map for details.
For General Information Contact: City of Madera, Engineering (559) 661-5418. After Hours Contact: Madera, Police Department (559) 675-4200
MADERA 99 WIDENING PROJECT SCHEDULED TO BEGIN THIS WEEK IN THE CITY OF MADERA
The California Department of Transportation (Caltrans) in cooperation with Security Paving Company announces the beginning of construction on State Route 99 between Avenue 12 and Avenue 17 for the Madera 99 Widening Project. Construction is scheduled to begin on Sunday, August 4 and will to continue through late Summer 2020. Click Here for more details!
SCHEDULED FOR THE WEEK OF AUGUST 12
The California Department of Transportation (Caltrans) in cooperation with Security Paving Company announces construction on State Route 99 between Avenue 12 and Avenue 17 for the Madera 99 Widening Project.
Between the hours of 8:00 p.m. and 5:00 a.m., starting on Sunday night and ending on Friday morning, the following closures will be in effect:
- Southbound State Route 99:
- Intermittent closures of the on-ramp and off-ramp at Almond Avenue.
- Intermittent closures of the off-ramp at Avenue 12 later in the week.
- Reduced to one lane between Almond Avenue and Avenue 12.
- Northbound State Route 99:
- Reduced to one lane between Avenue 12 and Madera Avenue (State Route 145) for striping operations.
- Reduced to one lane between the Fresno River and Avenue 17 for grinding operations.
Closures may continue for longer periods of time if necessary, due to delays caused by weather or uncontrollable events that may occur.