Notice of Construction: 12/10/2018 – 12/15/2018 (Mon-Thurs – 24 hours) The intersection of Pine St and Jennings St will be closed due to construction and subject to detours per the drawing.
Notice of Construction: 8/20/18 – 12/14/18 (Mon-Fri 7am-5pm) Bush Engineering will begin construction of the East Yosemite Avenue (SR145) and Elm Avenue “Traffic Signal Installation” project. The project area and surrounding streets will be subject to construction traffic control. Access to businesses and residents will be maintained at all times. General Information Contact: City of Madera Engineering (559) 661-5418. For after hours, Madera Police Department at (559) 675-4200.
The California Department of Transportation wants you to return home safely to your family. The following tips are to help you stay safe while traveling through maintenance and construction work zones. Motorists can make trips a little safer by remembering the following work zone safety tips.
- Do not speed in work zones; obey the posted speed limits.
- Stay Alert! Expect the unexpected.
- Watch for workers; drive with caution.
- Don’t change lanes unnecessarily.
- Avoid using mobile phones while driving in work zones.
- Turn on headlights so that workers and other drivers can see you.
- Be especially alert at night while driving in work zones.
- Expect delays, especially during peak travel times.
- Allow ample space between you and the car in front of you.
- Anticipate lane shifts, and merge when directed to do so.
- Be Patient!