Notice of Construction: Emmett’s Excavation will begin construction of a water main in Maple Street between Pine Street and Grove Street. The project area and surrounding streets will be subject to construction area traffic control. “Slow for the cone”. DMV will be accessible during this time. Monday, February 26, 2018, approximately 9am to 3pm daily. Duration is estimated for 3 weeks.
Notice of Construction: Falcon Drive between Yeager Drive and Aviation Drive. The West lane on Falcon Drive will be closed, but travel flow will remain open throughout the duration of the project. February 5, 2018 thru February 25, 2018
The California Department of Transportation wants you to return home safely to your family. The following tips are to help you stay safe while traveling through maintenance and construction work zones. Motorists can make trips a little safer by remembering the following work zone safety tips.
- Do not speed in work zones; obey the posted speed limits.
- Stay Alert! Expect the unexpected.
- Watch for workers; drive with caution.
- Don’t change lanes unnecessarily.
- Avoid using mobile phones while driving in work zones.
- Turn on headlights so that workers and other drivers can see you.
- Be especially alert at night while driving in work zones.
- Expect delays, especially during peak travel times.
- Allow ample space between you and the car in front of you.
- Anticipate lane shifts, and merge when directed to do so.
- Be Patient!