The California Department of Transportation wants you to return home safely to your family. The following tips are to help you stay safe while traveling through maintenance and construction work zones. Motorists can make trips a little safer by remembering the following work zone safety tips.
- Do not speed in work zones; obey the posted speed limits.
- Stay Alert! Expect the unexpected.
- Watch for workers; drive with caution.
- Don’t change lanes unnecessarily.
- Avoid using mobile phones while driving in work zones.
- Turn on headlights so that workers and other drivers can see you.
- Be especially alert at night while driving in work zones.
- Expect delays, especially during peak travel times.
- Allow ample space between you and the car in front of you.
- Anticipate lane shifts, and merge when directed to do so.
- Be Patient!
MADERA 99 WIDENING PROJECT SCHEDULED TO BEGIN THIS WEEK IN THE CITY OF MADERA
Week of October 13 – 18
Between the hours of 8:00 p.m. and 5:00 a.m., starting on Sunday night and ending on Friday morning, the following closures will be in effect:
- Southbound State Route 99:Reduced to one lane between South Madera Avenue (State Route 145) and Avenue 12.
Closures may continue for longer periods of time if necessary, due to delays caused by weather or uncontrollable events that may occur.