The California Department of Transportation wants you to return home safely to your family. The following tips are to help you stay safe while traveling through maintenance and construction work zones. Motorists can make trips a little safer by remembering the following work zone safety tips.
- Do not speed in work zones; obey the posted speed limits.
- Stay Alert! Expect the unexpected.
- Watch for workers; drive with caution.
- Don’t change lanes unnecessarily.
- Avoid using mobile phones while driving in work zones.
- Turn on headlights so that workers and other drivers can see you.
- Be especially alert at night while driving in work zones.
- Expect delays, especially during peak travel times.
- Allow ample space between you and the car in front of you.
- Anticipate lane shifts, and merge when directed to do so.
- Be Patient!
MADERA 99 WIDENING PROJECT WORK
NEW TRAFFIC PATTERN PLANNED FOR MADERA 99 WIDENING PROJECT
The California Department of Transportation (Caltrans) in cooperation with Security Paving Company announces a new traffic pattern planned for northbound State Route 99, in Madera, starting Friday.
Be advised, the new traffic pattern will begin Tuesday, June 9, at 5 a.m. with the northbound #1 and #2 lanes split by the center median, beginning at Avenue 12 and ending at State Route 145.
Once the new traffic pattern begins, the northbound Gateway Avenue off-ramp will be closed for 90 days.
Preparation work will begin Monday, June 8, at 7:00 p.m. and last until 5:00 a.m. on Tuesday, June 9. During that time, the following closures will be in effect:
Northbound State Route 99:
- Intermittent lane restrictions between Avenue 12 and State Route 145
- Intermittent closure of Avenue 12 on-ramp
- Intermittent closure of the Gateway Avenue on-ramp
- Intermittent closure of the State Route 145 on-ramp
- Southbound State Route 99:
- The southbound State Route 99 Almond Avenue on-ramp to remain closed.
SCHEDULED THIS WEEK
May 31 – June 5
The California Department of Transportation (Caltrans) in cooperation with Security Paving Company announces construction on State Route 99 between Avenue 12 and Avenue 17 for the Madera 99 Widening Project.
The southbound State Route 99 Almond Avenue on-ramp to remain closed.
Between the hours of 8:00 p.m. and 5:00 a.m., starting on Sunday night and ending on Friday morning, the following closures will be in effect:
- Southbound State Route 99:
- Intermittent lane reductions between Gateway Drive and Avenue 12.
- Intermittent lane reductions between State Route 145 and Avenue 12.
- Intermittent lane reductions between South Madera Avenue overcrossing and Avenue 12.
- Northbound State Route 99:
- Intermittent lane reductions between Avenue 12 and State Route 145.
- Intermittent lane reductions between Avenue 12 and South Madera Avenue overcrossing.
Closures may continue for longer periods of time if necessary, due to delays caused by weather or uncontrollable events that may occur.
Caltrans reminds you to drive with extra care and allow additional time while travelling near construction zones. Please be alert for construction personnel and remember to “Slow for the Cone Zone.”