Construction at the Avenue 17/northbound SR99 off-ramp. NV5 will be closing the off-ramp and will make use of flaggers to assist with traffic control on Monday, April 15, 2019 and Tuesday April 16, 2019. Drivers should expect to experience delays. Slow for the cones. See the attached map, click here.
For General Information Contact: City of Madera, Engineering (559) 661-5418. After Hours Contact: Madera, Police Department (559) 675-4200
The California Department of Transportation wants you to return home safely to your family. The following tips are to help you stay safe while traveling through maintenance and construction work zones. Motorists can make trips a little safer by remembering the following work zone safety tips.
- Do not speed in work zones; obey the posted speed limits.
- Stay Alert! Expect the unexpected.
- Watch for workers; drive with caution.
- Don’t change lanes unnecessarily.
- Avoid using mobile phones while driving in work zones.
- Turn on headlights so that workers and other drivers can see you.
- Be especially alert at night while driving in work zones.
- Expect delays, especially during peak travel times.
- Allow ample space between you and the car in front of you.
- Anticipate lane shifts, and merge when directed to do so.
- Be Patient!