Notice of Construction: Emmetts Excavation will begin construction of a Pipeline Outfall Extension in West Almond Avenue between S. Pine Street and S. Schnoor Avenue as shown on the map below. The project area and surrounding streets will be subject to construction traffic control. “Slow for the cones”. Access to businesses and residents will be maintained at all times. Project beginning Monday, April 2 from 7am – 5pm daily. Duration is approximately 8 weeks.
Notice of Construction: Emmett’s Excavation will begin construction o f a water main in Rotan Ave between Howard Road extending approximately 700ft south. The project area and surrounding streets will be subjected to construction traffic control. “Slow for the cones”. Access to businesses and residents will be maintained at all times. Wednesday, March 15, 2018, approximately 9am to 3pm daily. Duration is estimated for 3 weeks.
The California Department of Transportation wants you to return home safely to your family. The following tips are to help you stay safe while traveling through maintenance and construction work zones. Motorists can make trips a little safer by remembering the following work zone safety tips.
- Do not speed in work zones; obey the posted speed limits.
- Stay Alert! Expect the unexpected.
- Watch for workers; drive with caution.
- Don’t change lanes unnecessarily.
- Avoid using mobile phones while driving in work zones.
- Turn on headlights so that workers and other drivers can see you.
- Be especially alert at night while driving in work zones.
- Expect delays, especially during peak travel times.
- Allow ample space between you and the car in front of you.
- Anticipate lane shifts, and merge when directed to do so.
- Be Patient!